02 March 2009

"O"

not gonna lie, I'm lovin this movie! I liked how it was interpreted by the director and how he made Shakespeare not seem boring (which I think is a big problem in getting students motivated to read him). Making the movie appear in a more modern and relateable setting helps the viewers to understand what is going on...

I also liked our discussion in class...it made me think about what someone said (I can't remember if it was here or actually in class) about Shakespeare's works being universal and infinite...this movie definitely proved it! the underlying story is Shakespeare but the message is relied in so many different ways...each interpretation gives more insight to what Shakespeare may have meant...I think Shakespeare may have done this intentionally...by making his works so open for interpretation, he is allowing himself to be present and discussed in modern literary and entertainment works for centuries to come!

I'm excited to see how the rest of the movie plays out... :)

j

1 comment:

  1. Go check out my comment on Aja's post: http://awolf02.blogspot.com/2009/03/o.html. Very pertinent to your post. Glad you're enjoying the film!

    ReplyDelete