11 February 2009


I loved our discussion yesterday!!!!!! everyone saw the same movie but interpreted it in different ways...what each of us noticed helped us to understand the overall message and meaning of the movie...

overall, I like the movie, because I think it can hit really close to home...the experiences don't have to match my life at all, but the emotions with it can...each of us, I'm sure, have felt exploited and deserted by friends, family or even society as a whole...and I think this movie was a good representation about what women really feel under such circumstances...the pressure to constantly be held at a standard is not only exhausting but unlivable, and eventually we succumb to what we really aren't in order to be accepted...even if only on the outside....

I thought the movie did exactly that...Daisy was a good example...on the inside, she was still hurting, for whatever reason...but because she appeared fine on the outside she was released...

Suzanna's story, on the other hand, is a little different...she found ones to deal with stress and her problems...the other girls just tried to appear as though they had...

some, like Lisa, really have problems and need help, but are unwilling to use the resources...her interpretation of the "diagnonsense" conflicts with her problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment